Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wher'es Saturn?

I went out last night to look at the moon. It has been very cloudy lately so it was nice to get a clear view of the moon. I also found Saturn to the left and down. It is quite bright and you can see it with the naked eye. Saw the rings quite clearly with a 9mm EP. If it just weren't so blumming cold. -7C

:hello2:I did go out this evening...it cleared up this afternoon.

Did some moonwatching at a local school...quite a crowd of enthusiastic students and adults. Heard "Wow" and "Awesome" quite a bit.

A very experienced friend did an astronomy session in the school for the day and set up a scope beside me in the evening. He set his scope to Saturn, just off the moon, and I was quick to follow.

First time I have ever seen Saturn through a scope (Celestron 9.25 SCT) and all I can say is WOW!!!icon4.gif

[

First time I have ever seen Saturn through a scope (Celestron 9.25 SCT) and all I can say is WOW!!!

Nice one, WOW is the usual reaction for a first time look at Saturn. Now that you've found it you'll keep going back as its sight that you never get tired of. Just wait until the rings open up a bit.

First time I have ever seen Saturn through a scope (Celestron 9.25 SCT) and all I can say is WOW!!!icon4.gif

Thats the first thing everybody says when they see saturn for the first time. The second thing they say is "Isnt it small?"

Stellarium is a really helpfull program.

I think I've picked up saturn over the past few nights with the naked eye.

Hope to get my scope out tonight altho not so hopefull Ill see anything.

I need better equipment :)

Well done northcanadian and welcome to the "Wow" club. I only found it about two months ago and seem to head back to Saturn for a look every time I have my scope out. It's always an amazing view. Picking out the moons in different positions around the planet is a great experience as well.

Cheers,

Barry

Archived