NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Lunar with 80ED

Imahumanbeing

I cropped it and turned up the contrast a bit as well. I would like a Barlow now! The view through the 80ED was very crisp with loads of detail visible. I tried EP Projection with my Orion Universal Variable Projection Adaptor but just couldn't reach focus, need a bit more back focus.

Prime focus - Celestron 80ED - Nexstar SLT GT - Canon 1000D

Cheers

Jamie

IMG_M0001.jpg

post-15495-133877364562_thumb.jpg

Lovely and crisply sharp Jamie. If you're using your SLR, then use a 2x teleconverter, rather than a barlow. The distance from the lens element to the sensor of a barlow makes it effectively 2.5x and you may find the image is then too big to fit... Of course you could always do a two pane mosaic ;). The Tal x2 barlow is excellent value for money and a lot cheaper than TC's.

That's a great first shot Jamie. Better than anything I've managed so far.

John - how do you use a 1.25" barlow with an SLR?

My SLR is attached to the 80ED like yours - with a MAXSLR T ring and extension tube. Can't figure out how a barlow, or for that matter any EP, can be fitted between a scope and SLR.

Or am I just being dumb...?

A camera TMount, fitted with a 1 1/4 adaptor to slip into a 1 1/4" Barlow, and Bobs your Uncle. If the Barlow has a 2" fit, then the camera TMount needs a 2" adaptor. Wallah Barlow projection.

Ron.;)

A camera TMount, fitted with a 1 1/4 adaptor to slip into a 1 1/4" Barlow, and Bobs your Uncle. If the Barlow has a 2" fit, then the camera TMount needs a 2" adaptor. Wallah Barlow projection.;)

Cheers Ron.

So am I right in thinking that the weight of the DSLR and adaptor will all be dependent upon the thumbscrew holding the barlow in place?

Not sure I want to try this...

...my D70 is pretty heavy.

And expensive.

Thanks very much everyone!

I have to say though, this really isn't my first moon shot! I should have explained a bit more, its my first moon shot through my new Celestron 80ED but I have a Celestron 114 Reflector but never posted any of my moon pictures before because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of them. Now I have the 80ED, which is awesome!, I can get pictures which don't have Coma and I hardly did anything to my picture above and I really like it!

I highly recommend the Celestron 80ED Refractor!

Cheers everyone!

Jamie

Archived