Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Why you wish you had never gone to that star party . . .

PhillyDee

Mine would just have to be that

I now have a list of things to buy, and now realise EXACTLY where my scope is lacking. I need a new focuser. And after seeing James' on his 10" Celestron, I need a moonlite one. Yes, the expensive one. Which means spending £250 on one, and then £38 on the mounting kit for my tube. I also like the Rigel QuickFinder. I like this a lot.

So thats over £300 of kit to buy (Not including the ultra-smooth and ultra-quiet HEQ mount thats James also has)

Grrr.

Apart from the Mud, rain and gales (Which has been forgiven due to the very clear Saturday night we had) that Kielder seems to delight in throwing at us!

My regret might have been Kelling Last September.

The damp got in the electronics of my 10" LX200 and blew the lot.

Far too costly to repair.

However, there was a silver lining...

My house insurance paid up for the repair, so I put that towards an EQ6.

I couldn't have justified replacing the mount as it was, but the accident forced the situation. So I'm now in a much better position than I was before the event.

Cheers Kelling!

It's a pitty you didn't video the attempt to coax the ducks on to the portable barbecue, you could have got £250 from You've been framed to put towards the cost, and it was entertaining for 15 minutes while waiting for the skies to clear.

Steve..

Wise old heads those ducks have Steve. Looking at some old posts, they're veterans of many a Kielder event. ;)

After spending a night at the Spring event, i've decided to do 3 nights in Autumn and have been arranging tents etc.

My regret is that the money it will cost would otherwise be sitting in my EQ6 pro fund. (Did I mention I want to put the 300p OTA on a EQ6 :rolleyes: )

Seeing all those goodies on display at starpartys and astro gatherings should carry a health warning for your wallet ;)

My wallet is dreading SGL4 but its always interesting to see new kit in the flesh and up and running. And of course getting owners views on a specific bit of kit could save you money on a bad purchase.

The sight of a G11 on a portable pier at Kielder had me drooling. I wouldn't even dare mention it to SWMBO. She seems to be under the impression that if I like something, I have to buy it.

Wonder where she got that idea from.

Archived