Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Grim Forecast

Paul M

Well, it turns out that MO was right. Clear all night, but massive amount of dew everywhere, and the first frost of the autumn.

Unfortunately I had all kinds of problems with Cetus A, Pinpoint just would not solve for it, and I have no idea why.

The sequence ran until right into nautical dark, longer than I intended.

I suspect we don't have 4 seasons now we have a spring which includes a few warm days (this year was a irregularitiy) and then we get Autumn rain and moisture all the way through. 

I remember my youth getting snow usually around January and February but really frosty nights from November through, not any more just seems to be mild all the way through. 

• Like 1

Biblical rain fell yesterday across Eastern side of  Scotland (Aberdeenshire, Tayside, Fife, Lothians Borders). I've never seen so much of the map covered in Yellow Flood warnings.  I swear at one point I saw Noah in his arc sailing by - lol the waters are only subsiding now (and no I'm not joking). :( 

Jim 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, saac said:

Biblical rain fell yesterday across Eastern side of  Scotland (Aberdeenshire, Tayside, Fife, Lothians Borders). I've never seen so much of the map covered in Yellow Flood warnings.  I swear at one point I saw Noah in his arc sailing by - lol the waters are only subsiding now (and no I'm not joking). :( 

Jim 

It was wild.  We had bad flooding but fortunately my house is on a hill and not by the river!  Flood defences held but the drainage struggle with the volume of rain and there was some flooding from the rain.

On the bright side tomorrow is looking good.  Going to try to squeeze a couple hours in before I have to get up for work at 0400

• Like 2