SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Platesolving

david maitland

Hi, will all sky platesolver work as a stand alone solver? I've downloaded all indexes relevant to the focal length,  I think I've put all the relevant spec's of camera in, such as pixel size, FOV,  FL. etc. I'm using an ioptron mount,  an OAG and C11 camera is a zwo 533, and hoping to use the zwo capture software. 

Cheers 

26 minutes ago, david maitland said:

Hi, will all sky platesolver work as a stand alone solver? I've downloaded all indexes relevant to the focal length,  I think I've put all the relevant spec's of camera in, such as pixel size, FOV,  FL. etc. I'm using an ioptron mount,  an OAG and C11 camera is a zwo 533, and hoping to use the zwo capture software. 

Cheers 

Yes, most will allow you to load an image and platesolve it. This is useful for aligning an image and taking further exposures at different times.  If you have All Sky Plate Solver already installed you can use a command line to solve an image as per instructions here

On 30/10/2022 at 11:24, david maitland said:

hoping to use the zwo capture software

The ZWO capture software is OK, but there are several other much better packages out there. For planetary you have Sharpcap, Firecapture and for all round management of mount, camera, guiding there is Nina (windows), Kstars (Mac/Linux) etc. I have listed the free ones only.

ASTAP is a much faster software for platesolving btw.

Edited by AstroMuni