NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan WiFi for the EQ6R PRO

I had one and the only annoying thing I found was if you try to set it up to connect to your home network and type something in correctly you have to have it powered on and leave it alone for about an hour to reset to it's own wifi settings. That's documented (and the AZGTi does the same) but overall a good accessory. I don't have mine as I included it when I sold a mount to a friend and showed him the wifi dongle in action.

• Like 1

I have had mine now for a few years and love it. It's so much better than the hand controller. The app could do with some polish and can not work at all on newer Android versions but I kept my Samsung S8 and HTC One as hand controllers for the dongle and those work great, with GPS on the phones working as you want it so. You also get the luxery of 3 star aligment for Alt Az GOTO as well. I use my dongle on my EQ6Pro and 350P FlexTube GOTO. 

Edited by Simon128D
  • Thanks 1

I've had one for a year or so and think it a fantastic addition to my kit (8" dob).  My handset was an old "SynTrek" version (basically it was motorised and could track, but with little by way of goto functionality).  The wifi dongle was a massive technology leap for me and proved to be a very good and accurate goto system.  It did take a few goes to get good at performing the initial alignment, but after that it becomes second nature and you can be up and running within a couple of minutes.  Getting it to connect to other systems (such as Stellarium) was also surprisingly easy.

I found the app very easy to use, perhaps not the most modern of interfaces, but it is relatively intuitive and the basic functions are easy to manage, but some key features are more hidden than I think they should be ('tonight's best' for example). 

• Thanks 1