NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Overdue Observing Session

Barry-W-Fenner

Hi all

I hope you are all keeping well.

It has been a while since I managed to get out under the stars. We have recently had the LED street light conversion (finally) and I was keen to see if the slightly darker sky had an impact on the viewing. 

Truthly the jury is still out, I did notice the detail in Jupiter seemed better than I can remember. The ring Nebular also appeared brighter. Andromeda was its usual white fuzz. 

I moved on to a tour of the open clusters around Cassiopeia - As usual they didnt dissapoint, The Double cluster is a thing of beauty.  

All in all it was nice just to get out under the stars and have a general look about in all directions!

Hopefully I will get more time out now the darker skies are returning.

Cheers

Baz

IMG_20220917_194307223.jpg

Edited by Barry-W-Fenner
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good to see you out there again @Barry-W-Fenner, the OCs in Cassiopeia are lovely aren’t they, so many to choose from.

Thanks Stu,

Life has certainly been very hectic. Getting under the stars and slowing and unwinding for a couple of hours was just what the doctor ordered and a reminder of how great this hobby is.

If all goes well I will be out again this weekend!

Hope you are all good mate.

Regards

Baz

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thanks Stu,

Life has certainly been very hectic. Getting under the stars and slowing and unwinding for a couple of hours was just what the doctor ordered and a reminder of how great this hobby is.

If all goes well I will be out again this weekend!

Hope you are all good mate.

Regards

Baz

Sounds good. It certainly is a great way to relax and forget about about the stresses of life. I’m just beginning to get out there again after having a virus for a month or so, hopefully we will get some decent crisp autumn nights to enjoy.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 22:27, Alan White said:

Baz

Great to see you observing again 😁

In answer to a question on another thread the Morpheus 12.5 that I own holds its head up alongside my 10,7,5 Pentax XWs.

Thanks Alan,

Good to be back on here again. Its been to long.

Hopefully i will get out more regular again going forward.

Hearing good things about the 12.5 alround, I can see me caving in and purchasing!

Cheers

Baz

• Like 1