NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI Air plus - memory error message

As per my prior suggestion as far as I'm aware (as RPI astroberry, stellarmate works the same), the os, everything is stored on the memory card. Sounds like it needs changing, or reformatting and the os reinstalling.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

The Asiair Plus has the OS on eMMC storage, it has a no backup option but ZWO have provided a 'reset' feature which resets/restores the OS parts used to boot & control from a saved file on the eMMC.

Are you using usb or sd-card for image saving? In that case it could be one of those causing the error messages.

If you have images on the eMMC if you connect the AAPlus to your network you can access the file directories in the AAPlus and copy the images to your PC via the network, something like \\192.168.1.1(asiair ip used)\Images or \\ASIAIR\Images

28 minutes ago, Elp said:

As per my prior suggestion as far as I'm aware (as RPI astroberry, stellarmate works the same), the os, everything is stored on the memory card. Sounds like it needs changing, or reformatting and the os reinstalling.

Thanks for the replies. Seems very likely that a malfunctioning USB memory stick was causing the problem and corrupting data at the same time.

9 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

The Asiair Plus has the OS on eMMC storage, it has a no backup option but ZWO have provided a 'reset' feature which resets/restores the OS parts used to boot & control from a saved file on the eMMC.

Are you using usb or sd-card for image saving? In that case it could be one of those causing the error messages.

If you have images on the eMMC if you connect the AAPlus to your network you can access the file directories in the AAPlus and copy the images to your PC via the network, something like \\192.168.1.1(asiair ip used)\Images or \\ASIAIR\Images

In future, I will use a one-piece quality USB memory stick to gather data but leave it permanently in situ. (I believe the other got damaged with constant plugging/unplugging of the device.)

Someone gave me a link to this guide and it is very simple to transfer via Wi-Fi.

[ASIAIR GUIDE] How to transfer images from ASIAIR (UPDATED) | ZWO ASI (astronomy-imaging-camera.com)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elp said:

Hope you get it sorted soon. It's annoying when something goes wrong and you can't find any info on it. I've been through it too.

4 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

Hoope it was the usb stick (they are more error prone) as the eMMC being a week point would be worrying.

I know I am repeating myself here but in different areas of forum, sorry. 

I managed to re-create the error and all evidence points towards the memory stick. I could 100% confirm it but the effort needed to do that goes beyond what is necessary I think.

I have a new, one-piece moulded memory stick (looks quality) for data storage that will be used from now on and will not be removed. Instead, data will be transferred via WI-FI. I did this earlier with 96 files taken tonight which transferred perfectly via this method. (long time though, so make allowances)

In summary, I hope this error was mostly mainly my own judgement and not my expensive equipment. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

Thanks for the replies. Seems very likely that a malfunctioning USB memory stick was causing the problem and corrupting data at the same time.

In future, I will use a one-piece quality USB memory stick to gather data but leave it permanently in situ. (I believe the other got damaged with constant plugging/unplugging of the device.)

Someone gave me a link to this guide and it is very simple to transfer via Wi-Fi.

[ASIAIR GUIDE] How to transfer images from ASIAIR (UPDATED) | ZWO ASI (astronomy-imaging-camera.com)

Steve thanks for that link, I'd missed that. At the moment I've been just removing the little SD card to retrieve my images which is a real pain in the @ . The USB stick and wif download should make life a lot easier. 

Jim