Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from 02.10.2022

Pete Presland

A couple of Jupiter's from the 2nd, one before the Io transit and another just after it started. Pretty average conditions, but great to be out imaging anyway!

Been messing around with this data for too long, now i have some better data from last night (6th) i think to play with. 

The usual set up C9.25, asi224mc, ADC, X1.8 Barlow.  180 seconds, stacking 20%

2022.10.02 20.30 OSC.png

609007395_2022_10_0222.28OSC.png.f4cfd8b766724e30ab56b3c2be1d413b.png

Edited by Pete Presland
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Looking good Pete, seeing here on the 2nd was abysmal, was better last night though. It is just nice to be out isnt it.

I saw you replying to that C14 ad did anything come of that?!

Just looking at last nights stacked images, they look very promising much better than the 2nd.  As long as i don't ruin it with my clumsy processing "skills"

I think the C14 was a bit too old and more importantly, bit too heavy for me to be to purchase.  I am seriously considering a C11 at the moment.  Just not sure it would gain me that much in terms of my image detail. I know the resolution is slightly better, but planetary imaging is a funny old hobby from the UK 🙂 and the C9.25 is highly regarded for this purpose

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Now looking at the images i have posted, i think i have made a pretty poor job of processing them 😞 I am going to have to revisit these, i thought they looked reasonable when i saved them a couple of nights back.

GRS capture the better of the two. It's pretty good Pete you likely need better seeing. Getting more picky with frame selection might help (amount of frames stacked) As long as noise doesn't take over stacking less to sharpen it up a touch. But it's a good capture Pete colour balance looks great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

GRS capture the better of the two. It's pretty good Pete you likely need better seeing. Getting more picky with frame selection might help (amount of frames stacked) As long as noise doesn't take over stacking less to sharpen it up a touch. But it's a good capture Pete colour balance looks great 

Don't get it, they look completely different when i view them on here with my Laptop, they look much more like the ones i saved when i view them on my mobile. I t is as if the Edge browser is not displaying the image on the webpage correctly?

They look really washed out to me, what are others seeing?