Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula my close up season continues

assouptro

19 hours ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Well, I was going to bump the trend and say the top one was the winner for me (I think the bottom one is just a bit too sharp - top seems more natural to me, but both great images nonetheless). However, the blend you've put up there now beats them both I think. 

Thank you Lazy! 
I chose the colour of the bottom one of the two and just blended it in photoshop 

I think Gorann gave me sound advice! 

Thanks for the comment 

Much appreciated 😊

Bryan 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

50% is always the obvious solution when I'm stuck too!

That final version is poster stuff, absolute belter of an image, perhaps the best I've seen of the bubble.

Wow!!

Thank you! Very kind words indeed! 
I am genuinely thrilled to get a response like this! 
Greatly appreciated 

I’m glad you like it 😊

Bryan 

1 hour ago, Priesters said:

What aperture and is it ACF optics.  Curious as I’m a fellow Lx200 owner.

Wonderful images btw

Thank you 

It’s an old 12inch Meade lx200gps OTA not HD, or ACF or RC but combined with a Starizona LF 0.7 focal reducer/field flattener 

I wanted to try one of these field flatteners and waited for a couple of years for one to turn up second hand, when I finally decided to buy one, I had to wait for a a few months for them to come into stock 

Although expensive I’m glad I bought it, even if it’s just pushed me to try harder! 

Thanks for the comment 

Bryan 

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 13:20, assouptro said:

What filters do you use? 

I use the 2" Antlia 3nm Ha and am looking to get the Antlia 3nm OIII and SII when I can afford them.  I am very pleased with the Antlia Ha filter.  The Antlias are still very expensive, at least from my perspective, but they seem to strike a good balance between quality and price in the crazy world of narrowband filters.

For RGB I use Baader 2" CMOS optimised filters.  Again, I am pretty happy with these (although I strongly suspect the "CMOS optimised" thing is a gimmick).