Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

vdB 152

emyliano2000

My first finished target from my new back garden. Happy to be back to DSO imaging after a 6 months break.

With the sky being much better than my previous location in Bushey, I went for a broadband target but having the Dengel-Hartl 5 planetary nebula in the frame too, I also shot some Ha and Oiii to make it pop.

Date: 25.08.2022 to 16.09.2022

Luminance: 100x300sec

Ha: 50x300sec

Oiii: 50x180sec

Red: 50x180sec

Green: 50x180sec

Blue: 50x180sec

Total integration time 22 hours and 30 minutes

Stacked in AstroPixel Processor and processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop CC 2022

More details on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/ptabzb/0/

I hope you like it.

Emil

vdB-152-LRGBHOO-(watermark).png.thumb.png.518d903dbb45f05bac1706537719f348.png

Edited by emyliano2000
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Lovely crisp, clean image, Emil. I like literally everything about it but the golden star colour might be a favourite aspect. I'd call that perfect processing.

Olly

Thank you very much Olly, much appreciated, I'm glad you like it 😊

Emil

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Lovely image but am a bit confused by the star spikes when only using a refractor..

Alan

Thanks Alan, I'm a bit of a sucker for spikes and I tend to add them to some photos that I think would benefit from them. I've never been able to get the results I wanted from any of the newtonians that I had in the past so I am now only using refractors but my love for spikes didn't die. I was actually thinking of fixing some wires in front of the lenses 😂

Emil

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gorann said:

I hate star spikes, especially when processing. After all they are artifacts, but we all have our preferences. Love the image!

I know some people do hate them, my love for them is probably coming from the HST images that I was crazy about when I was younger.

Emil

Just now, gorann said:

Talking about stars, this is really an image that could benefit from starless processing of the nebulosity. Did you try that?

I did, yes but I didn't want to reduce the number of stars. I do it on the narrowband images but not too much on the broadband ones. And on top of that, cleaning the artefacts left over after the removal is something that I don't find pleasing.

Emil