Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble Nebula Ha

Rodd

I have wanted to shoot the bubble with the C11Edge for a long time.  It was a 100% full Moon, but seeing was pretty good.  Hopefully I get decent seeing for the OIII and SII

C11Edge with .7x reducer, OAG, and ASI 1600.  120 300" Ha subs (3nm)

Bin1

npUHi77UyG8h_16536x0_b9muqi8S.thumb.jpg.b09bb04499c8eb0725307e897a8a355f.jpg

Bin2

Abin-bin2.thumb.jpg.4b5a6d6e0aa1a71c9e479349b571cf50.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Hi Rodd, I can't see any difference in resolution between bin 1 and bin 2 and the bin 2 will take more sharpening. It looks very crisp either way. Nice.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  There is one difference between bin 1 and bin 2 in this AC case……size.  There is no question that the data should be binned from s resolution perspective.  But bin2 loses the size.  Maybe this is not important. Many do prefer a smaller, sharper image. But there is something about an image expanding to give a more immersive experience.  

Really nice work Rodd!

I captured a similar image last year with my 12 inch Meade lx200 (not ACF) with 6.3 focal reducer too late in the season to get the rest! Since then I’ve been working on a bin2 sho version with an Atik 460 and 0.7 Starizona reducer/flattener 

There’s quite a lot of Sii in the region and the bubble itself is rich on oiii. It’s worth the time! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Edited by assouptro
Typo

2 hours ago, assouptro said:

Really nice work Rodd!

I captured a similar image last year with my 12 inch Meade lx200 (not ACF) with 6.3 focal reducer too late in the season to get the rest! Since then I’ve been working on a bin2 sho version with an Atik 460 and 0.7 Starizona reducer/flattener 

There’s quite a lot of Sii in the region and the bubble itself is rich on oiii. It’s worth the time! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Thanks Bryan.  I hate it when the target goes away for the season in the middle of a proje ct!

6 hours ago, Elp said:

This looks really clear, fantastic.

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Hi Rodd, I can't see any difference in resolution between bin 1 and bin 2 and the bin 2 will take more sharpening. It looks very crisp either way. Nice.

Olly

3 hours ago, assouptro said:

Really nice work Rodd!

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Just playing around.  I registered TOA 130 OIII and SII to the C11 Ha.  Here is the HaSHO result.  The TOA Ha was alnmost as good as the C11 HA--not quite, but you have to look pretty hard.  C11 is a bit sharper/clearer.  Not nearly as much as you'd expect.  I guess seeing is to blame.  Not crazy about the palette, either--a bit pastelly. I included a revision   Not sure which I prefer 

Image70b.thumb.jpg.e0ce2932f731075faaf68381ea1bd64e.jpg
D6D4F76E-6F28-40DC-BEED-2813670F43C6.thumb.jpeg.961c5029f6e3d8a58bf7208f443e5f76.jpeg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 4

You’ve got some lovely Data there Rodd 

I like the second one, You’ve brought the details out in a natural way, The version I’m working on is so over processed by comparison, I think I need to go back to the beginning and start again! 
I really like your work 

Well done 

And thanks for sharing 

Bryan 

Very nice Rodd! Second one for me too. Maybe try to tweak the yellow towards red if you want to get the more naturally looking image suggested by Olly. If Ha is in the green channel, move it to the red channel, and Siii in the green (so HSO instead of SHO).

8 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Great. I think the second one brings the nebula forwards a little and looks crisper. I must say that I do like it.

How about playing with Ha/OIII/OIII to get close to a natural colour rendition?

Olly

Thanks Olly--I have trouble with bicolor images.  Sometimes they work well--but this one is notoriously hard.  The OIII data is quite grainy and the only option is to use Ha as luminance--which, or course renders the red channel sickly pink--and leaves the blue channel a washed out dirty dishwater grey.   Maybe if I collect OIII with the C11Edghe it will be better.  Now, however, as far as the SHO image, I am not as inclined to collect the OIII and SII.  My FSQ is back from Japan--neing tested in the field by TAK America.  If it passes, to me it will come.  I miss the little fellow.  Looking forward to some wider FOVs.   I did tweek the SHO image though-balanced histogram brought out the areas of interest

Again two choices!

x6-x3alt3.thumb.jpg.84adb970735186d77f925ac117851d82.jpg

x6-x3alt4.thumb.jpg.7d4ce2374f8830c799c7e08af3f8305f.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, assouptro said:

I think I need to go back to the beginning and start again! 

A road well travelled by me!  In fact--not much roadway left, justr a deep rut that usually get trapped in.   With respect to that line we try not to go over, I need one of those electric dog collars to zap me when I get close!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Very nice Rodd! Second one for me too. Maybe try to tweak the yellow towards red if you want to get the more naturally looking image suggested by Olly. If Ha is in the green channel, move it to the red channel, and Siii in the green (so HSO instead of SHO).

Thats called the.....some French name (French Canadian I think).  Anyway, it tends to portray the blues as a nasty purple.  Well, nasty may be too harsh a word.  Noy my cup of tea.