NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 04-09-22

Magnum

Jupiter from 04-09-22 at 00:34 UTC

Here is one of the single 2 min captures with just wavelets in Registax, then  the final processed derotated stack of 5 x 2 mins , all using the best 40% of about 5000 frames per capture.

Captured with  my Meade 12" LX200GPS at f25 using the 2.5x barlow + Altair GPcam224C & UV/IR cut filter.

Stacked in AS3 , wavelets in Registax final processing in photoshop.

Lee

image.jpeg.c566a82a1d8959ef3489dbb9de90761f.jpegimage.jpeg.feb8a8f9b45861b5d554993f6cf617bd.jpeg

• Like 17

10 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Nice captures Lee the benefits of a 12" Its why i hope to go up in size next year. For when Jupiter is higher

Thanks Neil but I dont think its at your standard with the 10" newt, I have an ADC arriving today so hoping that will give me a little more sharpness.

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Thanks Neil but I dont think its at your standard with the 10" newt, I have an ADC arriving today so hoping that will give me a little more sharpness.

It looks blurrier agreed. But can see through that. To the greater resolution that's apparent. It might take more work Lee. But in time it will do better than 245mm optics. I said the same to Geoff lewis with he's C14 (obvious I know) But of course to a even larger extent. And yes the ADC should help a lot with that. And the slight prismatic effects I can see in the colour. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1