Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blue Peter Camera Mount

Martin 2

I have had alot of trouble with a mount made to Connect a camera to an eyepiece,

it clamps onto the eyepiece and the camera attatches to the mount, its really difficult

to get it in the right position, turning knobs this way and that so heres a good idea.

I have to say that I found the idea for this on the cloudy nights forum so its not my idea,

just my take on it.

Its made from plumbing pipe thats used for draining the sink or bath water, it push fits tightly

on the camera and the eyepiece and by using the next size up pipe one fits into the other for larger

eyepieces, see photo

image.jpg

the 1st pipe on the left fits onto the camera by 1st putting the the tapered rubber washer

over the lens housing and then pushing the pipe on, this gives a very secure fit

(the tapered washer is the type that comes with compression waste pipe fittings) then simply

push the whole lot onto the eyepiece whigh is a very snug fit, for the larger eyepices 32, 40 etc

simply use the next size up waste pipe, I have had wrap some insulting tape around the 1st pipe

to give a snug fit into the second. You need to work out how long each pipe needs to be, on my

camera a coolpix 4300 the lens come out when you turn it on so the pipe has to be just right when extended

to just stop above the eyepice.

Think thats it.

m2

I always wanted a Blue Peter Badge, but never got one. I guess I had a deprived childhood.

Looks like a good idea m2 - have you tried it out? Does it make life easier? Can you show us an image taken through it ?

If it all works - I guess you will feel "flushed with success" .... sorry, awful joke.

Tom

Only knocked it up today so I'll try it tonight, the great thing about it is you can find a fussey in the eyepice and then gentle remove the eyepiece attach the camera and drop it back in knowing the objrct should be centre screen or at least thats the theory, I'll let you know, its supposed to be clear tonight.

M2

tried out the mount last night but nothing is easy in the dark, need to make some adjustments

its getting the mount and camera and eyepiece inline thats the problem, if the mount or eyepiece are slightly out

then you cant see athing, in daylight you can take the zoom off and look at the lcd and see if the circular image is square to the lcd, thats a lot more difficult in low light, im tyring to adjust things so every thing pushes together

more accuratly. I did get 1 image of M13 thats better than my 1st, but I was so engrossed with the mount I didnt check my iso setting, so although its a steadier shot its poor.

M2

Archived