Shark - LDN 1235, 1251 and friends

Fegato

This is a two panel mosaic containing the shark nebula and something which to me looks like dirty exhaust fumes! The dark nose of the shark is LDN1235 and the dark nebula seeming to cause the fumes is LDN1251. Various LBN designations for the dust, and then the  two reflection nebulae at top and bottom of the shark are LBN 546 and LBN541 / VdB 149.

I'm pretty close to a flat field with my RASA, and rotating is not an option with this set up, so this was a bit of a struggle to fit in with my rotation, even with the two panels, but I think it sort of works like this. The shark is a bit like a dog yapping and chasing a passing car!

The mix of 30 second exposures (lower panel) and 20 second exposures (upper panel) was an accident. I thought I'd just programmed 20 seconds for another target, but managed to muck this up when doing that. However, pleased to note that with similar total times for each panel (I use timings, not exposure numbers) it all seemed to fit together fine.

RASA 11 v2 on CEM120, ZWO ASI2400MC pro - 130 x 30s, 183 x 20s

LDN1235 & LBN558 DI1 stretch.jpg

• Like 18