SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NINA help

1 hour ago, scotty38 said:

I take it you can download and load an object ok, say M16 from hips2fits in the first instance?

I think something along those lines could have been the problem. I redownload the offline image catalogs and it started working again. Not 100% sir6 that was the fix but I'll see tonight. 

• Like 1

ok, couple more NINA issues,.

1. I seem to have inserted my own image of the western veil into my framing assistant, I've reinstalled the framing catalog and sky map but its still there, any ideas how to get rid of it?

2. Does NINA have issues plate solving near meridian? using platesolve 2. 

13 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

ok, couple more NINA issues,.

1. I seem to have inserted my own image of the western veil into my framing assistant, I've reinstalled the framing catalog and sky map but its still there, any ideas how to get rid of it?

2. Does NINA have issues plate solving near meridian? using platesolve 2. 

I don't have NINA in front of me right now but at the top you can select the source so rather than "image" or whatever it may say choose "hips2fits".  Platesolving near the Meridian can be problematical but I would also choose ASTAP anyway, far, far quicker once set up.

Ah I see. Not sure as I've never really used that feature so can only assume you've added your file to the database so even updating the "main" database still leaves your file there. If you go and look can you spot your file by its name or coordinates and get rid if needed?

1 minute ago, scotty38 said:

Ah I see. Not sure as I've never really used that feature so can only assume you've added your file to the database so even updating the "main" database still leaves your file there. If you go and look can you spot your file by its name or coordinates and get rid if needed?

I've tried to search but cant find it. Not sure how I even done it. Might have to do a reinstall. 

I'm guessing you shouldn't need to do that. I am assuming you know the directory where you pointed the offline files to? Also assuming that's not used for anything else then getting rid of everything in there and then installing the offline files again "should" put it back to the beginning again..... I think...... but just check what's in there first don't take my word for it as I'd have used a clean directory for the files but obv I don't know where you put them......

33 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I'm guessing you shouldn't need to do that. I am assuming you know the directory where you pointed the offline files to? Also assuming that's not used for anything else then getting rid of everything in there and then installing the offline files again "should" put it back to the beginning again..... I think...... but just check what's in there first don't take my word for it as I'd have used a clean directory for the files but obv I don't know where you put them......

I tried a clean install for the ofline files but it's still there. It's more annoying that I don't really know how I did it in the first place. 

34 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

I tried a clean install for the ofline files but it's still there. It's more annoying that I don't really know how I did it in the first place. 

Pointing at a whole new location? If so and you don't fix it in the meantime I'll have a look myself later and see how the offline stuff works, see if I can work it out.

1 minute ago, scotty38 said:

Pointing at a whole new location? If so and you don't fix it in the meantime I'll have a look myself later and see how the offline stuff works, see if I can work it out.

No, only in the position that it's plate solved the image to. Guessing you could, if really bored and have lots of time, make your own skymap. It's inserted my sub of the western veil. if i zoom in and out quicly i can see the underlying image but it then overlays my image. 

8 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

No, only in the position that it's plate solved the image to. Guessing you could, if really bored and have lots of time, make your own skymap. It's inserted my sub of the western veil. if i zoom in and out quicly i can see the underlying image but it then overlays my image. 

Sorry, I meant the reinstall of the offline files pointing at a whole new directory otherwise it probably still contains your rogue file.

Edited by scotty38

NINA has a cache of your files that it uses to overlay them onto the sky atlas. I think if you go to the settings, somewhere in there there's an option to select the location of the cache files. I'm at work so not in front of my PC at the moment so can't confirm.

8 hours ago, Phillyo said:

NINA has a cache of your files that it uses to overlay them onto the sky atlas. I think if you go to the settings, somewhere in there there's an option to select the location of the cache files. I'm at work so not in front of my PC at the moment so can't confirm.

couldn't find anywhere in the settings. 

6 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

Under Options, General there's a Sky Survey Cache Folder. Take a look in there, I think that might be where it saves them?

Phil

Alas no, I downloaded those files again and installed to fresh directory a while ago. Still got the same problem with my pic overlayed onto the image. 

11 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Alas no, I downloaded those files again and installed to fresh directory a while ago. Still got the same problem with my pic overlayed onto the image. 

Hmmm ok. I'll have a better look and see if I can figure it out. There's a cache folder somewhere storing your image files for overlay, it's just finding where it stores it.

58 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

Hmmm ok. I'll have a better look and see if I can figure it out. There's a cache folder somewhere storing your image files for overlay, it's just finding where it stores it.

Damned if I can find it. I'm reluctant to reinstall Nina, is rather fix it in case it happens again. 

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/tabs/framing/

This talks about images/files being saved as a cache and used so I think it must be saving them somewhere, again I'm at work now so can't check my own version of NINA but I can try again tonight. I didn't get much time last night as the Mrs had been away so wanted a catch up. Hopefully get more time tonight to take a look.

Also worth a try, on the image you uploaded further up of your screen at the top right you have image opacity plus other options up there. Does one of them turn off/on your image maybe?

Phil

1 hour ago, Phillyo said:

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/tabs/framing/

This talks about images/files being saved as a cache and used so I think it must be saving them somewhere, again I'm at work now so can't check my own version of NINA but I can try again tonight. I didn't get much time last night as the Mrs had been away so wanted a catch up. Hopefully get more time tonight to take a look.

Also worth a try, on the image you uploaded further up of your screen at the top right you have image opacity plus other options up there. Does one of them turn off/on your image maybe?

Phil

No, the image opacity treats the overlaid image as the base image. The opacity just kinda emphasises the fov. 

• Like 1