Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cocoon LRGB

Shibby

First image of the season!

I really struggled with this one, so I'm not too pleased with the result. I think a new set of flats might help - although they are recent, I may have nudged the camera assembly around when fitting a new auto-focuser.

Once combining channels, I found I had awkward colour gradients to try and sort out. I'm thinking it might help matters if I were to rotate the filters between each exposure rather than capturing a full set of each in turn? Then they might match up better?

Anyway, the details:

• MN190
  • Atik 460ex
  • L: 20x600s
  • RGB: 3x18x300s

image.thumb.png.3288f799478c5dcbdddb41fa8239b494.png

Edited by Shibby
  • Like 13

Thanks all - much appreciated! :)

I realise everything looks a little soft, which is down to my poor processing of the stars (the luminance layer looked fine before final tweaks).

17 hours ago, carastro said:

Very nice Shibby from another Atik460EX owner.

Could do with your skies though (I'm SE London) 

They're Bortle 5, so don't be too jealous! :)

12 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

I am having a go at it myself but my gear is far lower spec than yours so if I manage a quarter the detail I will be happy. 

You should definitely try it, it's a nice target for all sorts of equipment. I managed to dig out this old image I took (11 years ago!) with a Canon 450D and unguided exposures:

image.jpeg.582a0eb7d086030a65062c38daa8974c.jpeg

• Like 1