Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autumn Astrocamp 2022

cajen2

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Thanks for the heads up. I've been procrastinating about taking a trip that weekend for ages, so just tried to book on mobile using three different browsers but can't pick a pitch! I'll sit at the PC later and sort it. 

If you turn your phone sideways (or use desktop view) you should be able to select a pitch. 

Hope to see you there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gfamily said:

Hi - we've just booked - our second Autumn Astrocamp, though we'd been to a few Spring ones before lockdown (and we missed this Spring one). Are you a regular? 

Hardly a regular: my first one was this spring! 😄 It was very enjoyable and informative.

We should wear name tags so that we recognise each other - a lot of people who aren't on SGL go. We could have an SGL team in the quiz! 🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cajen2 said:

Anyone else going to this? I know one other from SGL but since I don't do FB, I don't know if any members are going.

Wow it's a good job you mentioned it, I missed the opening of the bookings, so I just grabbed pitch 20b, on the Lower field, near to the Common area, with Electric Hook Up. I am going to try and bring my Hubble Optics UL16.

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

• Like 1

Bad news (for me). My car failed MOT and now I can't drive it. Sub frame is corroded badly in 3 places and is an engine-out job to fix it, and there are other faults like wheel bearing needs replacing (another one), and it's now way uneconomical to repair it. So, basically car is dead and I can't go to Dalby StarFest, or Astrocamp, at the moment. I'm now looking for a used VW Caddy !

Regards,

AG

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LaurenceT said:

I'm new to this Astrocamp idea, id appreciate a link to this Autumn camp please.

There's also a Facebook group...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/441975262512618/

More than two nights in the OEX Coyote 3 leaves me knackered. The bending and crawling around is a bit much now, so I pushed the boat out and bought a Vango Grande XL camp bed and another tent to fit the bed in! 😆 The Vango Carron 400 was heavily discounted at £138 by one shop on Ebay. Easy to pitch solo, spacious for one and 6ft tall. Bliss!

A quick test pitch in 30° heat on the front lawn to check it out...

1476043280_IMG_20220813_164256429_HDR3.thumb.jpg.45d3ae4ec7860578444235abf245dc84.jpg

Laurence there are 16 pitches remaining so come along if you can. 👍

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, LaurenceT said:

I'm having trouble navigating the booking form, can't add a second person or choose a particular pitch, my elderly brain! I'll try again in the morning.

If you're using a smartphone, try turning it to landscape, otherwise the whole map is not in view and you can't mark your chosen pitch.

I had exactly this problem the first time I tried to book in spring.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LaurenceT said:

I'm having trouble navigating the booking form, can't add a second person or choose a particular pitch, my elderly brain! I'll try again in the morning.

If you are looking for a pitch with electrical hook-up, the only ones left are in the bottom field.

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2022 at 16:09, Live_Steam_Mad said:

Bad news (for me). My car failed MOT and now I can't drive it. Sub frame is corroded badly in 3 places and is an engine-out job to fix it, and there are other faults like wheel bearing needs replacing (another one), and it's now way uneconomical to repair it. So, basically car is dead and I can't go to Dalby StarFest, or Astrocamp, at the moment. I'm now looking for a used VW Caddy !

Regards,

AG

Just seen this. I'll be driving down from Edinburgh and passing by your way. I'll be in a campervan, so will have some room for you and kit.

I can offer a lift - although I would be uncomfortable if you were solely relying on me. This spring I had to leave a day early due to family emergencies, which might still be a risk.

2 hours ago, Pixies said:

Just seen this. I'll be driving down from Edinburgh and passing by your way. I'll be in a campervan, so will have some room for you and kit.

I can offer a lift - although I would be uncomfortable if you were solely relying on me. This spring I had to leave a day early due to family emergencies, which might still be a risk.

Hi thanks for the offer and I am doing my best to obtain a used Ford C-Max for under 3 grand locally as a replacement car. I'd rather be independent if I can. The C-Max should have a load of room in it. Tip for anyone coming Astrocamping in future, don't buy a small car lol.

Regards,

AG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LaurenceT said:

Thanks for the replies, wife and dog want to come, is this suitable?

My wife is coming too - she’s been before - not massively interested in astro but enjoys it

• Like 2