Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIAIR Plus and iPad Mini - how much RAM do you need to run Sky Atlas?

I have a iPad Mini 3 with 1GB RAM that I'm using with the ASIAIR Plus. All the features of the AIR work fine except the Sky Atlas - I get the message that my device doesn't have enough RAM. I'm assuming I might get the same message when I try live stacking, but I haven't tried this feature yet. 

Does anyone know what is the minimum RAM requirement for the device running the ASIAIR Plus app to run the Sky Atlas feature?

TIA.  

I use a Lenovo Tab P11 Plus, which is a great tablet, and runs the ASI Air app with no problems (although I haven't yet tried using Sky Atlas feature - I usually just input the M number or NGC number of the object I want to image and do a goto). 

• Thanks 1

I have it running on my Win 10 laptop using Blue Stacks. Blue Stacks was surprisingly straightforward to install and it runs the AsiAir connected on ethernet via a powerline adapter to the observatory without any glitches so far.  I also use a mini iPad when mobile and currently setting it up with a new AZGTi mount.  As much as I don't like the way ZWO ties you to their products I must admit it is a really cool bit of of kit that makes life so much easier. 

Jim 

It needs 4gb on iOS.  The sky atlas won't work on my iPad Air but will work on my iPhone 11!

All of the features work on the iPad except the sky atlas - no real biggie.  I have used the sky atlas on the iPhone just to check functionality but while it's nice it's not a must have so I won't be dropping £500 on an iPad with 4gb.

Edited by Martthebass
  • Thanks 1