Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Enormous filiprom on NE limb - today 04/08/2022 - 90mm refractor + Quark

Altair8389

Hi SGL !

I finally managed to get some focus with my recent Skywatcher 90mm achromat at F10. I had to add a GSO focuser and a SW motor focuser as well to it.

Now I managed to get focus for the first time, not sure what the problem was before. But the point of focus is very narrow (maybe 1 mm or less) at F43. I found the limb using a 20mm eyepiece first (I tried 40mm eyepiece and did not seem to get focus). Now I know you have to get the limb and find focus carefully !. With a 20mm, 25mm and 40mm eyepiece (all plossls) you can get quite good focus.

A motorised focuser makes it easier to make fine adjustments as you have to do.

Focusing using Quark chromosphere eyepiece and 1.25 inch diagonal.

ERF: 2 inch UV-IR cut filter on the front of the diagonal.

Imaging: ASI 174mm; Mount EQ-3 Pro

Time: 10.30 UT on 04/08/2022

Conditions; seeing quite good. But slight breeze and a lot of cloud. I could only get a minute or two of clear viewing free of cloud (maybe a bit of high cloud).

Results: Firecapture for capture, stacked in AS!3, 10 percent of 1000 frames in 16 bit SER video format. Single video/file= bring out proms and surface detail in ImPPG. No further adjustments.

Hope you like it.

Magnus

Sun-20220804-prom-imppg.png

Sun-20220804-limb-prom-imppg.png

Edited by Altair8389
spelling mistake
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2