Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon this morning 18th July

neil phillips

Took a few captures around 30 degrees in daylight this morning. After i had finished Jupiter. seeing wasnt great. Just used the same capture equipment i was using on jupiter. So Orion 245mm Newtonian 

QHY462C Colour camera ZWO ADC Baader Q Barlow SW EQ5 PRO mount

05_00_25_lapl5_ap459.png sm.png

04_56_41 july 18th clavius.png

05_05_42_18 july.png

05_10_33_july 18th.png b.png

05_13_32 18th july.png

05_16_45 18th july.png 75.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, morimarty said:

A stunning set of images Neil. As you Know I am very partial to close up images of the moon.

Thanks. I dont normally take lunar like this. Close ups with a colour camera that is. Was more a after thought after jupiter to be honest. With the daylight and rubbish seeing. A bit soft maybe. But still quite natural and showing a fair amount. So was enjoyable taking them none the less. You can see the contrast washout no doubt. But unusual lighting can still be interesting maybe ? Thanks again

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Some nice crater relief captures

Would an IR only filter have helped with the seeing? 

Cheers

Yes which is what i would normally do. I would normally use my zwo mono 178 with IR 685. But just thought it would be interesting to try in colour with the ADC still attached.  As I said more a after thought after capturing jupiter. 

• 5 months later...