Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT doesn't see my Canon.

I downloaded the free version of APT and finally tried connecting my Canon T7. It doesn't recognize it.

I'm going to try my old Rebel SL1 Sunday when I'm off again to see it is the same.

Computer is in the observatory and doesn't connect to the "net" out there.

I'm having to go the ethernet route with this computer.

Any suggestions?

I've had issues in the past with the canon Eos utility software preventing things from seeing the camera.  If the eosnutility software is set to turn on when you connect a canon camera it can stop stuff seeing the camera.  You might have an icon in the applications tray that will let you know if it is on.  You can right click on it and change the settings though.

This assumes you have the eosnutility software installed of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ratlet said:

I've had issues in the past with the canon Eos utility software preventing things from seeing the camera.  If the eosnutility software is set to turn on when you connect a canon camera it can stop stuff seeing the camera.  You might have an icon in the applications tray that will let you know if it is on.  You can right click on it and change the settings though.

This assumes you have the eosnutility software installed of course.

This.