NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 8th July

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

Thats a lovely image of Saturn Neil. As Kon say's the colours in the bands are really striking especially as the seeing was yo - yo - ing.

Hi Martyn Finding it hard this year. But I seem to remember finding it hard last year. Without excellent seeing it just wasn't happening. I just hope there hasnt been some factory or some such switched on at lowestoft docks. Jupiter in a different area seems to be fairing better ?

15 minutes ago, si@nite said:

A very respectable Saturn there Neil some lovely detail in the banding & full marks for getting out there at such a foolish hour 😄.

Thanks Simon my life is odd, I sleep at odd times. Still not going out due to health issues. Its getting me good excercise setting up.

Its tough down at below 20 degrees. The seeing for me is always somewhere between awful and reasonable, for planetary and Solar imaging.  If i think about the last 5 years, there has not been many times when i have popped the camera in and thought wow!

But if you if you told me in 2009 i would be producing pretty decent images of the planets and close ups of Sunspots, i would have well impressed to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Its tough down at below 20 degrees. The seeing for me is always somewhere between awful and reasonable, for planetary and Solar imaging.  If i think about the last 5 years, there has not been many times when i have popped the camera in and thought wow!

But if you if you told me in 2009 i would be producing pretty decent images of the planets and close ups of Sunspots, i would have well impressed to be honest.

I know what you mean. I think my brain remembers those good nights. And blocks out the bad. And yes you have done well over the years Pete 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, neil phillips said:

I know what you mean. I think my brain remembers those good nights. And blocks out the bad. And yes you have done well over the years Pete 

Inspired by your recent efforts Neil, i made the effort this morning at 02.30. The seeing seemed reasonable i guess, for low altitude targets.  The files are "cooking" in AS3 as i type, first thoughts......nothing to shout about 🙂 Good to be back out there though.

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Inspired by your recent efforts Neil, i made the effort this morning at 02.30. The seeing seemed reasonable i guess, for low altitude targets.  The files are "cooking" in AS3 as i type, first thoughts......nothing to shout about 🙂 Good to be back out there though.

Sounds good Pete. look forward to seeing them. Glad you enjoyed getting out there

• Like 1