Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR13030/32 in hydrogen alphay from Lichfield, UK on the 19th June 2022

athornett

This is probably my best ever solar image.

Sky Watcher Equinox 100 OTA

Player One SolarMax camera

25 second video at 123fps, best 15% stacked in AS3 and processed with ImPPG and PS CS6.

I inverted the prominence relative to disc.

Andy

2022-06-19-0744_4-U-G-Sun_AS_P15_lapl2_ap1230_Drizzle30_AS_190622 ImPPG & PS Greyscale DeNoise 010722.jpg

2022-06-19-0744_4-U-G-Sun_AS_P15_lapl2_ap1230_Drizzle30_AS_190622 ImPPG & PS Colourised DeNoise 010722(1).jpg

Screenshot_20220703-004042_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

You are absolutely right. Also forgot to put in my list Quark Chromosphere.

This particular image did not have any flats or darks taken but I did calibrate woth artificial flat in form of automatic background extraction in PixInsight which as you can see has done nifty job of smoothing the image.

Andy

• Like 1

......and finally I should also say the touch of magic = the wonderful Topax DeNoise. I often also find some Topax GigaPixelAI helps in the workload to increase resolution and help the sharpening routine when DeNoise is then applied.

• Like 1

You're making me consider the Quark route, instead of adding a DS to my Lunt LS60!

Advantage with the Quark ( Combo ) would be I have a few 'scopes it could be used on, especially a 102 refractor and a couple of Maks ( though DERFs can be a bit pricey on the Maks ).

However I've yet to see a DIY option for remote operation of the Quark, whilst a DS unit can be catered for....

B)