Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - 5 moons

mdstuart

Last night at 9.30 I managed to get my best view yet of saturn. Two bands were visible and yes I found 5 moons this time. Trailing the planet was Titan Dione and Rhea. Tried hard for Encadeus but no Joy. Out in front was Tethys but wait there is another one way ahead is it a star? Not according to Stellarium..it is Iaputus...:)

So WOW I am really pleased. Would love to see Encadeus...Anyone know when I would be best to try?

Also is Iaputus in its dark phase..I guess it is being about 11.5m on Stellarum...

Thanks

Mark

Mark

I managed to get out and take a look at Saturn last night, but was defeated by local mist.

In terms of picking out particular moons I use a programme called Winjupos to give me moon positions. It can be found at:

WinJUPOS / Database for object positions on planets and the Sun

It provides a lot of other neat planetary info.

Hope it helps

Regards

Adrian

Same here Mdstuart, I left stellarium on screen whilst looking at saturn.

I too managed to see 5 of the moons, first ever time I've seen Iapetus.

Viewing looks good again tonight so hoping to see it again. I'm looking forward to the views of jupiter in the next coming months.

Archived