SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ultimate grab and go. Case closed.

6 minutes ago, Dave scutt said:

What happens if you blink both eyes 🙄

ahh that's when the built in lasers fire and you incinerate anything you were looking at 😉

I'd be concerned as to how they'd manage to maintain collimation too, didn't see any set screws in there to tweak the settings...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ags said:

I think scatter and internal reflections might be a problem, as well as a tiny exit pupil.

Just get in there with a flat black ink pen and darken the edges. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The AAAS article referenced in the linked story makes a common mistake:

Researchers are bringing into focus novel electronics such as systems on plastic, which are deformable and implantable, zero-power, and wireless and have numerous applications for sight and vision.

I'm pretty sure they meant unit-power (1x), as with Telrads and QuikFinders.  Zero-power (0x) would act as an infinite telecompressor and make everything infinitesimally small, which I doubt anyone would want or have a need for.  Sort of a black hole in effect.

25 minutes ago, Ags said:

I think zero power means zero electrical power.

That could very well be the case, especially being prefaced by electronics rather than optics.  Mea culpa.  I've got optics on the brain, apparently. 🤪

Edited by Louis D
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ags said:

I think zero power means zero electrical power.

darn, so no GoTo or auto plate solving then. Will have to fettle a starsense explorer bracket for the old bonce in that case 😉 

• Haha 1