Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some Images from the 10th June - SW 180 Mak

Roy Foreman

The seeing wasn't great and the moon was fairly low in the sky, so I didn't have high hopes, but I'm reasonably pleased with how they've turned out.

Taken with a Skywatcher 180 Mak and a ZWO ASI 183MM 20 Mp mono camera and #25 red filter, just before sunset.

50% of 1200 frames at 19fps, 20ms integration.

These are selective crops from the full frame images.

Hope they are of interest.

21_34_18c.jpg

moon-4a 2022-06-10.jpg

Moon-2a 2022-06-10.jpg

Moon-1a 2022-06-10.jpg

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Laurieast said:

Very nice!

I got as far as the 10th and then gave up, with the altitude getting so low.

Thank you !  I actually took some images on the 11th using my 150 ED and the moon skimming the tree tops. It turned out to be a futile exercise, so you were probably right in giving up on the 10th !

• Like 1

I tried to stack some in Autostakkert that had been in very bad seeing, and it seemed it could not decide what to do with them, and the output looked like it had been near a black hole! all twisted.

• Haha 1

Some nice images! I remember having a great time with my 150 Skymax before I sold it, I should get another one. They certainly are crack shots with both observing and imaging lunar/planetary.

40 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Some nice images! I remember having a great time with my 150 Skymax before I sold it, I should get another one. They certainly are crack shots with both observing and imaging lunar/planetary.

So right. Took me a while to get used to mine but once I did I realised what an excellent performer it is. Glad you like the images.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Very nice images. Always like the Tycho Clavius area 

Thank you. Never been able to decide which area of the moon I like the best, its all great ! Glad you like the images.

• 2 weeks later...