Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do I find the best image taken out of all other images taken in continuous shooting? (Canon 600D)

So I have taken many shots of these noctilucent clouds in the early morning and I was wondering if there is a way for a program/software to detect the best image out of the rest of the images from continuous shooting. I find it actually tedious to find the best one manually..

Cheers!

William

In technical terms, there is a principle that the more detail there is in an image the less compression can be achieved - so if you order your images by file size, the largest files are possibly going to have finer levels of detail in the image.

ETA This assumes that you have your images in a compressed format (for example Jpeg etc). 

Following on from this, a hint I recall from years back is to look at your images upside down - this removes the tendency of the brain to interpret the image, but allows the brain to assess the general shape and layout instead, which can lead to a more immediate response. 

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 12:35, WilliamAstro said:

So I have taken many shots of these noctilucent clouds in the early morning and I was wondering if there is a way for a program/software to detect the best image out of the rest of the images from continuous shooting. I find it actually tedious to find the best one manually..

You could try using PIPP software. It has a feature which detects quality of image and scores them. I have used it for planetary images but not sure if it will work with NCs but worth a try.