Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A blast from the past :)

callisto

Well I never!...was moving some storage boxes around in the shed and flicking through some old Astro mags when these fell out,

A guide to observing Halley's comet which came with my "brand new" Tasco 60mm Frac and a set of comet stamps from 1985! ...memories, memories 😃

staMPS.jpg

• Like 10

I was 14 when Halley came back round' I remember observers in OZ first viewing the comet April that year, I tried to find it in Oct with no luck when it was in Gemini, finally saw it in Taurus early Nov with binos. I need to look out my old astro journals in the attic. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

I was 14 when Halley came back round' I remember observers in OZ first viewing the comet April that year, I tried to find it in Oct with no luck when it was in Gemini, finally saw it in Taurus early Nov with binos. I need to look out my old astro journals in the attic. 

Same age as me :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Memories, memories!

Yikes! I was 20 when H's C made that pass.

Got a couple of glimpses of it but luckily I'd read plenty about it going to be a poor apparition so it didnt dissapoint. Not sure if I had my 6.25 Fullerscope's Newt by then or not. I remember looking at the comet through a scope though.

Still, I have fond memories of looking forward to it as a boy just no fond memories of it!😁

I bet that 60mm Tasco is still going strong. OK, you upgraded the mount a few times and the OTA even more times, but...🤣

• Haha 1