Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another from 21st

neil phillips

Very good Neil,  some fine detail in the Penumbra especially.  I think when you add the Continuum filter your images will get even better. 

Out of interest, do you prefer mono presentation or psuedo colour. I prefer mono myself, but I nearly always colourise to give the "aesthetic"  Sun look?

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Just going through what i got on the 21st

Bresser 127l baader 495 longpass UVIR Cut ZWO 178MM EQ5 PRO

21ST APRIL.png B.png

21ST APRIL.png B c.png

Great images there Neil. Lots of fine granulation. I often wonder like Pete if I should add colour or not. Interesting point. I think I prefer the mono. Trevor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Very good Neil,  some fine detail in the Penumbra especially.  I think when you add the Continuum filter your images will get even better. 

Out of interest, do you prefer mono presentation or psuedo colour. I prefer mono myself, but I nearly always colourise to give the "aesthetic"  Sun look?

Cheers Pete think i prefer mono because it doesnt pretend to be something its not. Having said that, the coloration can often look good

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevor N said:

Great images there Neil. Lots of fine granulation. I often wonder like Pete if I should add colour or not. Interesting point. I think I prefer the mono. Trevor

Hi Trevor cheers. Mono is a true image. Nothing wrong in a bit of artistic licence though adding colour.