Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M97 more leisurely re edit

MartinB

I love that first process after gathering a load of data, looking to see what comes out of those grainy subs. Trouble is it usually ends up a bit of a mess. So my owl has had a bit of a preen.

Sorted out a mis alignment with the Ha and OIII. Done 2 iterations of deconvolution with CCDsharp, cropped out the rubbish from the off axis prism and taken a bit of care over the back ground.

What I though was a faint fuzzy artefact on the star above and to the left of the neb is actually a pukka bit of starriness, not sure what though. So here's my second stab at it. No doubt I wont be happy with it in the morning but I promise I wont post any more!

post-12794-133877360073_thumb.jpg

I know a bloke who stayed at home processing his Owl nebula instead of going out courting his young lady. Being a rainy night, he said it was too wet to woo..........

Thats lovely Martin, very natural looking. How big is this target, in relation to say, the ring nebula?

Now that is a cracker! Thats a lovely smooth Owl.

It looks different to images I've seen before - that I guess could be down to using OIII for one of the channels?

Either way I think it's nice, nice detail in the outer layers of the nebula.

Ant

Archived