Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do I get the 1st Spring Milky Way award?

05.00 this morning.   All untracked.  10 x 10s, iso 2500, f2.2 sky.  ~20 x 5s, f4, iso 800 light painted foreground.  1 x 20s f2.2, iso800 selfie silhouette.   Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  LR, Sequator and PS.

A small bridge from the lead mining era.  Remains of peat store, for furnace, on the horizon.  Modern shooting hut.

Hot chocolate as it was -6C.

Cheers, Paul. 

OGB East selfie 01 sgl.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 16

That’s a terrific composition, Paul.  I love the orientation of the MW at this time of year and the early starts for it are always bracing!  As ever your light painting is 👍👍👍.

As for it being the first, it certainly is on SGL!  I saw a pic of the core from Cornwall by Aaron Jenkin on Twitter yesterday morning too, so I think it might be a joint first across the UK web! 🤣

• Like 1

Very nice indeed.

Did you set up some low level lighting for the hut ? It's got a crisp, clean and detailed look about it. I assume you didn't walk all that way waving a torch.

Nice to see the star of the show got a mention ... Hot Chocolate ! 🤩

I see you can stand still for longer than me so well done there too !

Dave.

• Like 2

Thank you @davew the hut is small and nearer than it may appear, one set of hand lit images, though did duplicate on different light intensities.

Setting up low level lighting is still a faff and you have much greater control/flexibility in post if you hand illuminate.  Still looks a tad bright...

...cheers, Paul.

P.S.  Hot chocolate is the astrophotography equivalent of an isotonic sports drink!

• Like 1

Cheers Paul,

Even though you've pointed it out, the hut still looks far away ! I still wave a torch about too but I've bought a dimmable light so may try LLL. It's all proper posh and will do colour temperature too !

Dave.

• Like 1