NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

anyone fancy processing my lights in pixinsight,im struggling again(to prove my lights/calibration)

iwols

well struggling with processing again ,just wondered if anyone can give my 4 calibrated images a quick process so i can confirn my calibration and original qualities are ok,spent hours last night and finished up with an ok image but not much colour,find myself reluctant to spend any more imaging time till i get my processing sorted thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lG4uxfavv2kd1FcNWTMh2sCevT1MMsPH?usp=sharing

Edited by iwols
  • Like 1

• iwols changed the title to anyone fancy processing my lights in pixinsight,im struggling again(to prove my lights/calibration)
39 minutes ago, iwols said:

well struggling with processing again ,just wondered if anyone can give my 4 calibrated images a quick process so i can confirn my calibration and original qualities are ok,spent hours last night and finished up with an ok image but not much colour,find myself reluctant to spend any more imaging time till i get my processing sorted thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lG4uxfavv2kd1FcNWTMh2sCevT1MMsPH?usp=sharing

Keep the imaging up when you get the opportunity, there's too many cloudy skies to stop the imaging 😉. I'd have a look but I'm at work atm, but will try later if possible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Keep the imaging up when you get the opportunity, there's too many cloudy skies to stop the imaging 😉. I'd have a look but I'm at work atm, but will try later if possible. 

would appreciate that thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKB said:

A very quick attempt shows this.

FITS headers say you're using C8 Edge and Atik 414 with 6.45 micron pixels.  21 x 5 minutes frames.

Would expect the focus to be better?

Tony.

M1.jpg.46aa9dc2996a1b1da01c7a7ac35f6128.jpg

Thanks Tony appreciated,always had soft focus with my c8,but the original images were taken when i used to autofocus at the start on a lum filter and use this focus all session,now i tend to autofocus every filter change(even then not sure this is the problem).Nice to see a decent image can still be produced thanks again

This is what i got from a quick composite in Siril and some stuff in PS:

688702048_Crab-compositecopy.jpg.7048d9dfd5539c837d84a91bb27a0089.jpg

Like @AKB above i think your focus is a bit soft, or some other issues make the image soft. Stars are 5'' FWHM which is definitely too high for this kind of tight crop high resolution work. Either focus, guiding, seeing or all 3 need to be looked at to get to the root of the issue.

Colour is there, but i think you would need to invest a lot more integration time to ease the noise in the image and make it easier to pull out. Up to you to decide whats enough and whats good enough, but i would try to get some more.

Also, you had some serious rotational issues in your capture that means the already small image has to be further reduced in size:

2022-02-11T15_15_56.thumb.png.87d32bb0ee8682488208bbfec1dca2bd.png

You would need to spend some time making sure you have the same camera rotation in each session if you dont want to have to further crop the image.

You also have many hot and cold pixels left in the image, which i find a bit strange for a stacked image. Either you did not dither, darks did not remove them, or both. Not a huge deal, but since you were wondering about calibration thought i would point that out.

• Like 3

Heres my quick effort using star tools (probably pushed it a little to hard) and a tweak in photoshop. As said before the focus is out/soft and because of the stacking artefacts had to crop in quite aggressively softening it too. But you've some good photons indeed, just need to sort the focus out, more subs and you're there really. (looks better on laptop) 👍

NewComposite.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2

thanks guys 3 great images emerging there loads better than my effort,like i mentioned above think i need to refocus more often through my sessions and probably on filter changes.Do you think the images i am getting are ok to continue collecting .Thanks once again for your time/effort means i can continue capturing.The rotational problem is my fault and can be rectified easy as i was adjusting the back focus ect which i think is ok now, just not convinced about the focus though,will continue trying though thanks

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iwols said:

thanks guys 3 great images emerging there loads better than my effort,like i mentioned above think i need to refocus more often through my sessions and probably on filter changes.Do you think the images i am getting are ok to continue collecting .Thanks once again for your time/effort means i can continue capturing.The rotational problem is my fault and can be rectified easy as i was adjusting the back focus ect which i think is ok now, just not convinced about the focus though,will continue trying though thanks

Yes keep collecting the images definitely but start a fresh session for this target, hopefully the rotation and focus will be sorted and the fresh images will stack and process much better 👍

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1