Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first attempt autoguiding

yesterday night i was finaly ready to try my autoguider, the QHY5 ive made an ST 4 cable myself, and i already got a splitter to split op the RJ6 connection from the losmandy controlpanel.

i had to manage a 300second ( 5 minute( ISO 1000 with 40D ) ) exposure of Mizar and Alcor,Didn't try a longer exposure, i lost the guidestar each time because of the smoke and clouds from a factory,

i have made a crop of the left upper corner of the photograph to show that there is almost no movement in the stars, and the Baader MPCC is doing a great job !

guide11.jpg

guide2.jpg

and here a pic of the setup, the cloud you see COMES FROM THE FACTORY, so its serious ....

picture.php?albumid=33&pictureid=1226

That is a great result for you Erwin. All you need is some decent sky conditions, and you are good to go. The guiding is excellent.

Nice set up you have there too.

Good Luck with your first serious session. Look forward to seeing the results.

Ron.:)

I bought a qhy5 this week and I must say its been an excellent guider, no issue with finding a star to guide on, just slew to desired position, take test shot on dslr, pick bright star from test shot and pick it out in liveview, move scope so that framing is correct, pick guidestar, start imaging.

Just for giggles I took a couple of AVIs of the ring nebula using the supplied software, QGVideo, awesome stuff, just like having a mintron :) The QGVideo software is a bit on the clunky side but useable.

Archived