NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Auriga Wide-ish-field - Another version added

Zummerzet_Leveller

Hi all.  Here's 12hrs of 5min data on the bottom portion of Auriga through the RedCat51 and the 2600MC-Pro.  11hrs were through the l-eXtreme and then an hour without to get the reflection nebulae and some better star colour.

Processed in DSS, Starnet-V2, Siril, GIMP and Topaz.  Comments and constructive critique welcome, as always.

Edit - I've added another version that I have been working on today.  A little bit bolder but better balanced, let me know your thoughts.

Auriga_11h25m_Final_Low.jpg

Labeled.jpg

Version3_Auriga_Low.jpg

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
Added another version
  • Like 30

14 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

That is a truly WOW! photograph. I had no idea there was so much nebulosity in that region.  I have often viewed that area through bins but you photo encourages me to take some pics. 

Thank you.  This imaging lark is a bit addictive, it's a good job we have lots of cloud or I'd have more data than I know what to do with and would spend too much on file storage!

That’s a stunning image, beautifully crafted. It’s not a criticism but if you get fed up with the red nebulosity dominating the image, you could try using @Luke Newbould’s tutorial to create a Hubblesque palette, it’s given me some pleasing results on Ha dominated targets. It uses Pixinsight but the method could be used in other processing packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tomato said:

That’s a stunning image, beautifully crafted. It’s not a criticism but if you get fed up with the red nebulosity dominating the image, you could try using @Luke Newbould’s tutorial to create a Hubblesque palette, it’s given me some pleasing results on Ha dominated targets. It uses Pixinsight but the method could be used in other processing packages.

Thank you for your comment.  I have just carried out a reprocess but still in a the standard red, I might share later.  I'll have a look at the false bicolour approach and see how the data responds, with Siril now having pixel math I might even have a go at making a false sulphur channel.

• Zummerzet_Leveller changed the title to Auriga Wide-ish-field - Another version added