NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Organising an imaging session to show friends

AstroNebulee

Just an update, I have been playing with the scope during daytime and can just power the mount alone and run synscan app in eq mode for visual work, just got to add my finderscope, so will check the concensus of opinions of the guests which they'd rather do/see imaging of sorts or visual 

21 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Just an update, I have been playing with the scope during daytime and can just power the mount alone and run synscan app in eq mode for visual work, just got to add my finderscope, so will check the concensus of opinions of the guests which they'd rather do/see imaging of sorts or visual 

A major consideration: take the fastest route to results. Adults who are seemingly enthusiastic, when waiting to see something can quickly lose interest, especially if it's cold!

Setup well before time. Makes sure gotos are perfect and select the prettiest objects you can see at your location. 😉

Basics like the Double Cluster, Pleiades, M42, M44, a couple of colour contrasting doubles and if your skies are good and the scope is up to it, fit in a brighter galaxy or two. 

Good luck. 😬

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
Speeling
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

A major consideration: take the fastest route to results. Adults who are seemingly enthusiastic, when waiting to see something can quickly lose interest, especially if it's cold!

Setup well before time. Makes sure gotos are perfect and select the prettiest objects you can see at your location. 😉

Basics like the Double Cluster, Pleiades, M42, M44, a couple of colour contrasting doubles and if your skies are good and the scope is up to it, fit in a brighter galaxy or two. 

Good luck. 😬

Thank you and some great advice there. I think I will go down the visual route for now, like you suggested M42, M45, double cluster a few doubles and bright galaxies if my scope can handle it. I'll use my hyperflex zoom lens, maybe in conjunction with my 32mm lens possibly. Then maybe no need to swap lens out. Hopefully they will gain some joy with seeing those targets and wet their appetites. 😊

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Thanks 1