NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

As a past user of this scope, I would suggest a low power, wide field eyepiece of around 32mm focal length offering around 35x magnification, great for wide field scanning. A 2" eyepiece will allow a greater field of view than you can get from a standard 1.25" eyepiece. Something like a Panaview 32mm would be ideal. Then a medium power eyepiece, say around 18mm/15mm, giving around 66x/80x magnification. BST Starguiders are rated well on this site and can usually be had second hand. Then  I would suggest a medium/high power eyepiece around 8mm yielding around 150x magnification, again BST Starguider would be a good choice with this particular scope. Alternatively you might consider something like a Baader 8-24mm zoom eyepiece. Nice and sharp, but with a narrower field of view than you would get with the individual eyepieces.

Just an opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, O2B3 said:

Which 3 eyepieces can you recommend are best ,to use with my skywatcher200p 

Mark

What's your budget?  What do you like to observe?  Do you have strong astigmatism in your observing eye?  What eyepieces do you already have?

Your question is a bit too open ended to make any specific recommendations beyond getting low, mid, and high power eyepieces to cover a broad range of objects.

I am going to +1 for the Baader 8-24mm zoom as suggested by azrabella. When you use a higher power eyepiece it's amazing just how fast everything moves, so the zoom helps find your object on low power then just zoom in for that closer look. I also bought the associated Barlow, but I have rarely used it so depending on your budget just leave that off your shopping list and get it later should you need it. 

The flexibility of a zoom is a great reason to have one, my Orion zoom is probably the eyepiece I use the most.  With that said a fixed power eyepiece will always give you a better image then a zoom.  So I f I didn't have a zoom I would have a planetary eyepiece someplace between 5 and 9mm, a 26mm and 38mm 2 inch 70 degree.  I would add a good quality barlow and you would have a nice blend of options.  All this also depends upon the quality of your skies.  Where I am at 300x is about the maximum I can go.

On my SL 8“  I’m finding the combination of the stock 30mm 2” Stellalyra eyepiece (for low power wide field) along with the SL 8-24 zoom works well. You can’t really beat the Baader zoom though - expensive but excellent. Many suggest a wider field 6mm to round out the set, giving 200x. 
The zoom, whilst convenient is more restrictive at the lower powers than equivalent stand alone eyepieces though - so a price to pay for the convenience factor. BST Starguiders worth a look too. Well recommended here.