Chilled to the bone

Kimboman

Hi once again there was promise of a clear night so I set up my Meade ETX90 ,and my Celestron 15x70 pro binoculars.

The Moon would not be visible from my location untill 8.45 so I used my binoculars to star hop.

The areas  in Gemini,Orion the Pleiades  and the Hyades were great to visit again to get wide views  of the fields.

The moon was in view so I set  the telescope onto goto to track it ,the views were not the best and clouds soon rolled in,I tried a shot with my phone and then called it a day as I was so cold (it must be an age thing)

IMG_2747.JPG

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Kimboman said:

Hi once again there was promise of a clear night so I set up my Meade ETX90 ,and my Celestron 15x70 pro binoculars.

The Moon would not be visible from my location untill 8.45 so I used my binoculars to star hop.

The areas  in Gemini,Orion the Pleiades  and the Hyades were great to visit again to get wide views  of the fields.

The moon was in view so I set  the telescope onto goto to track it ,the views were not the best and clouds soon rolled in,I tried a shot with my phone and then called it a day as I was so cold (it must be an age thing)

IMG_2747.JPG

What you need is a bomber jacket (a real one). Mine weighs a ton and is so warm that I can only wear it in zero temperatures or lower. I work on the principle that if it kept my father warm at 14,000 feet or more in a Lancaster, it's a good bit of kit!

Edited by cajen2
  • Like 3