Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pentax WP 20x60

bosun21

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Pentax 20x60’s and a pistol grip tripod from Amazon. I already have a pair of Opticron Oregon 15x70 on a tripod. I wanted a bit more magnification so wasn’t perturbed about losing a bit of FOV. Due to the higher magnification I also improved my tripod to the pistol grip. I have no clue as to how some folks can use binoculars of these sizes without some type of support. I guess I’ll put the 15x70’s up for sale before long. Looking forward to first light with the Pentax 

• Like 2

Great pair of bins for astro use. Can actually make out Saturns rings with them. Very sharp optics with built in field flatteners. 👍🏻

Only thing I didn’t like about them was the hard eye cups but that’s an individual thing that doesn’t affect performance. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how you like them. I have the same pair and can use for short spurts handholding during the day but I also use with a ball head pistol grip on a monopod for stargazing. Great for moon'gazing too! ;)

• Like 1

I've had the same (in fact my very first FLO purchase just over two years ago).... superb binoculars, with the lovely (for me) Pentax eyecups 👍

I found that I needed to mount them though, so bought the very same pistol grip and tripod, which worked well.

I only sold mine, because I found I was using my Nikon Monarch 5 8x56 pair more often, and I can hand hold these too.

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cupton said:

Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how you like them. I have the same pair and can use for short spurts handholding during the day but I also use with a ball head pistol grip on a monopod for stargazing. Great for moon'gazing too! ;)

Will do 👍