Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another OSC trunk - IC1396

Zummerzet_Leveller

Here's my first image of IC1396.  Taken with the Redcat51, l-eXtreme and the 2600MC-Pro on the EQ6R-Pro.   9hrs of data,  54 x 600s exposures.

Had a pretty chunky halo around the Garnet Star but hopefully managed to hide it a little.  Processed in Siril, StarNet++, GIMP with a small dash of Topaz.  C&C welcome.

IC1396_V2_Low.thumb.jpg.dad24a21f74ef4efcb1c7b3a3d6b73e0.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

maybe seeing was not the greatest?

Thanks for the positive feedback.  Unfortunately cloud cover and seeing in the UK has been dismal for a while.  So i had to shoot this one a bit lower than I would have liked so was shooting through a fair amount of atmosphere.

49 minutes ago, alan potts said:

A lovely image you have taken there.

Thanks for the feedback Alan.  It was nice to be able to capture some data for a change, although back to cloud now with no end in sight.

1 hour ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Thanks for the positive feedback.  Unfortunately cloud cover and seeing in the UK has been dismal for a while.  So i had to shoot this one a bit lower than I would have liked so was shooting through a fair amount of atmosphere.

Thanks for the feedback Alan.  It was nice to be able to capture some data for a change, although back to cloud now with no end in sight.

We have the bad weather now, snow rain and generally damp. When we do get clear skies, which is fairly often they tend to be 3-4 on the trot. Only down side of late is they always seem to be at full Moon period. Still I guess it is winter.

Alan

• Like 1