SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any Astrophysics mount owners upgraded to GTOCP4?

astronomer2002

With the hype about upgrading  AstroPhysics mounts to GTOCP4 control box  I wonder if anyone in this country has? I've been looking for a GTOCP3 control box for a while but although they appear regularly on US based sites no-one there is willing to send to UK and they appear to be extremely rare in the UK.

In order to keep my older AP1200 going I am looking for a replacement CP3 as I am experiencing occasional odd behaviour, that is usually fixed by rebooting. It's not the firmware as this has all been downloaded and re-installed along with replacement controller chips. After experiencing similar issues with a Losmandy Gemini based mount having a known good CP3 would make life less stressful! Can't really afford a new CP4 setup so just wondering what has happened to all the UK based upgrades.

Ian B

• 1 month later...