Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

I've just joined the forums. I came here because I wanted to interact with the people with whom I have something in common, make friends and share knowledge with all of them and learn from them. I hope it could work out well, I have also planned to publish a paper that I am preparing on dark matter that is supposed to be completed 6 months later, I'm currently 15 years and have no good friends of me, so I came here.

Howdy and welcome to SGL! Enjoy the forums. Lots of "branes" to pick here!

Hi YASH. Welcome to this wonderful forum. 

Hi 😀Yash. Welcome to SGLv

Hello and welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums. 

Clear Sky's.

Hi, and a very warm welcome to the Lounge :)

Steve

Hi Yash, I am sure you will find some good friends here, so a very warm welcome!

Yash

Welcome from Australia

Was actually over in India 12 months ago

Toured around Northern India

Went to the Jantar Mantar  at Jaipur

What an amazing place, considering was built over 400 years ago

Even though was also in Delhi and Varanasi, did not have time to the visit sites there

My partner is from Fiji, and her great grandparents immigrated from area north east of Varanasi, near the Nepal border around 1880

Be interesting to see your paper on Dark Matter

John

PS

Next year NASA is sending another Rover to Mars

You can register online and have your name included on the Rover, and download Boarding Pass

https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8440/nasa-invites-public-to-submit-names-to-fly-aboard-next-mars-rover/

Welcome to SGL Yash, Best of luck with your paper...

Freddie.

• Thanks 1

Welcome aboard. You will find many interesting members here. Hope you enjoy!...

Rob

Hi @Yash4astronomy and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Wishing you 'Good luck!' with your paper on Dark Matter. :help:

Yash, welcome to the lounge.

Rick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kronos831
      Hey guys! Its been 8 months since i ve started the hobby of astronomy.I would like to dig deeper now,i am looking for a book in astrophysics that involves mostly formulas and mathematics.With so many books in the market its hard to defferentiate science books from just books with information about the subject 
      Thanks!
      -Kronos
    • By Ruud
      Hi
      This video was published on YouTube in March of this year and describes the development of universe in exponentially growing steps through time. That probably means that it is highly speculative, but it is interesting.
      I'm about halfway through at 7 billion trillion trillion trillion years in the future, and quite curious about how it will end.

• By Yash4astronomy
      Hey Everyone. I believe almost everyone of us would be aware about the Bootes Void. If not then I'll explain. Bootes Void is a point in universe of massive volume and almost completely empty space. It's about 750 million light years from us and stretches for about a billion of light years. It definitely is huge but is also just that empty because such large space only contains about sixty galaxies.
      Now what's special about this place is that it is more mysterious than black holes, even more than primordial black holes. So there definitely are many possibilities and hypothesis, like expansion caused by alien species or merger of two voids. But I've a different speculation, based on my hypothesis, this void is probably the center of expansion of our universe. What if big bang actually took place there?!!! It probably may have....
      What makes me think so is that the void is not empty at all, it probably is full of more dark matter in many parts of the universe and also a centre of Dark energy in universe which makes it expand like that.
      I guess almost everyone of us would be knowing of comparison of our universe' expansion with inflation (not the inflation in the beginning of expansion of our universe) of a balloon, then, yes it's true that if we mark any point  on the balloon then it would look like it's expanding in every direction and the same is happening with our universe, wherever we observe, we find anything around it to going away from themselves, but we also know that a balloon has the centre of expansion from which we blows in it,  similarly universe is also supposed to have an actual point of  expansion and it probably is the bootes void! 
      It is or not?
      Thank you.
      -Yash Tomar

• By SpiritedFrey
      So I've been trying to solve this question, which feels really simple, but there's a lot of room allocated for it so something feels wrong. 

Q: Stars must have an apparent magnitude equal or greater than +6.0 to be seen by the naked eye, whereas the Hubble Space Telescope can view stars as faint as +30.0. How much fainter are the faintest objects visible to the Hubble Space Telescope relative to the dimmest stars visible to the naked eye?
      -----
      While im here if someone could check this question as well 

Q: If the Sun and the full moon have apparent magnitudes of -26.71 and -12.24 respectively, then how many times brighter is the sun compared to the full moon?

it's not just -26.71--12.24 right,,, something just definitely feels too simple.
      Any help is really appreciated <3 
      Thank you for your time 
      Frey~

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.