Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AZ EQ6 POWER CABLES

Bigwings

SW mount I love but the carp cables the supply do somewhat let them down. 

In AltAz mode the gap between the mount and the tripod is a perfect fit to jam the cable under the mount securing screw heads. Careful as I am the result is a cable pulled out of the power socket. Of course its happened just before clear skies. Never mind, clutches off and go manual. 

Lynx cable ordered but a wait as FLO is awaiting stock. 

Clear Skies 

Bigwings

19 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

I have to agree with James, It's not difficult to repair what you have, and even source a right-angle connector, to ensure it doesn't conflict with anything else.....

No point in repairing it as it will only happen again in darkness when it's difficult to watch. 

Lynx one will be larger diameter so won't wedge in the gap. 

I've just done something along these lines too. I get odd guiding issues so have decided to eliminate power as the cause. At the minute everything is powered from a 10A Amazon power supply with cigarette socket connected to another Amazon cigarette adapter so that's mount, cooled camera, focuser and two dew heaters. Coming today is the 25-30A power supply and 5m silicon AZ-EQ6 cable from FLO. I could have made my own cable but I thought what the heck and bought the flexible one they had. As it happens it's longer than I need but I may cut it in half and use one half to supply the adapter powering all the other bits.

Hopefully it fixes the problem 😂