Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cartes du Ciel

groberts

Just wondering what the best version of CdC is now and where I can find it to install?

The "stable" version seems to be v4.2.1 but am aware that there are 4.3 beta versions too - would they be better, what's the difference?

Graham  

Not sure about the "best" version, but the latest can be found on the CdC web site  4.2.1 has been the current version since November 2019.

Latest build of the Beta version here  but it's beta and not a RC version so what bugs are in it or how stable it is is anyone's guess

Edited by malc-c
added more text

15 hours ago, malc-c said:

Not sure about the "best" version, but the latest can be found on the CdC web site  4.2.1 has been the current version since November 2019.

Latest build of the Beta version here  but it's beta and not a RC version so what bugs are in it or how stable it is is anyone's guess

Thanks Malcolm, I use 4.2.1 on my main capture laptop but have 4.3 Beta-4167 on another secondary capture laptop. which has been fine.  Following a recent meltdown of my main processing computer I'm slowly reloading software onto a new replacement laptop and couldn't find the beta versions any longer, which I was thinking of using here - not for capture / guiding etc.

Graham  

Edited by groberts