Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LPR Filter

ronaldo999

How can i fit a LPR filter to my imaging setup i have the following

Celestron C6 XLT

Canon 10 D

celestron t ring

Celestron T adaptor

The camera is fitted onto the rear of the C6 with the adaptor and a focal reducer, where would i fit the LPR??? i have a 1.25" one but would ineed to use a 2" one???

Is there a special filter to fit in the t adaptor

any help appreciated to help with the polluted skies near me

Hi ya,

For a dSLR you'll need a 2" version - you might be able to fabricate something to get a 1.25" filter in the light path, but it'll cause massive vignetting (light centre, dark corners).

The LPR filter screws into the thread at the scope end of the T adapter (the other end goes to the camera T ring).

Hope that helps.

Ant

Hmmmm

You may have a bit of a problem. The adaptor you mention goes from the SCT thread to the T thread and I don't think you can screw a filter inside!

The Meade solution ( #911 filter) was to sell a LPR filter that screwed onto the back of the scope and then provided a SCT male thread for the rest of the attachments.

A solution, other than the above, would be to use a 1.25" to T thread adaptor, fit a 1.25" filter then the camera, or buy a SCT to 2" adaptor and a 2" to T thread adaptor; this combination would allow the use of the 48mm/ 2" filters.

Archived