Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Catseye for RC / Cass / ODK?

Moving on from my ODK collimation thread

Does anyone have experience of using the Catseye system with this type of 'scope? My 'scope is in a fairly tight obsy with walls that are a bit too high preventing me from setting up targets at a distance.

22 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Moving on from my ODK collimation thread

Does anyone have experience of using the Catseye system with this type of 'scope? My 'scope is in a fairly tight obsy with walls that are a bit too high preventing me from setting up targets at a distance.

I think the correction optics will stop it working although I have not tried it.

Regards Andrew 

Or this

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/ts-2-inch-led-rc-collimator.html

TS RCKOLLI 2" LED Collimator for all Types of Telescopes

The collimator is campatible with almost all popular optical systems and allows for a neat collimation at daylight. We especially recomend the collimator for all Cassegrain-like telescopes like Schmidt-Cassegrain, RC, Dall-Kirkham and similar telescope types. The collimator is very precise and the result of the collimation is mostly independent of tilting.

Edited by johninderby

29 minutes ago, Craney said:

Do not how suitable this is,  but it looks interesting, you can apparently collimate several type of optics configurations ( Newt, SCT, Mak-cass)...   and you do not need a clear night or artificial star.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/ocal-electronic-collimator-pro.html

Pricey though

23 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Pricey though

Yes.

But it does cover a range of optical set-ups, and I imagine it uses a similar technique on all of them.

Looking at the 'best' available or 'recommended choice' for certain designs  ie. RCT !!!! , then the cost starts to build.  Howie -Glatter anyone ??

After much huff-and-puff I got the camera off and had a look through the focuser and can report that the secondary is clearly visible through the corrector, which appears to be of zero optical power. But there is no centre spot on the secondary.