NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iOptron CEM26 owners thread

Dean Hale

Hi @kraman63 Very little help from me. I always plug the mount into the same port. I had something similar before when I plugged into a random one. Also have you tried a different cable and unsure if you are using windows 7 as that seems to have issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi there, I am the proud new owner of a CEM26 with iPolar. Yesterday evening I did my first Polar alignment. Worked a treat, but...... when retightening the Alt knob and the azi bolts it was off again.  Trioed it all again and just slightly loosened the azi bolts and after obtaining the "green cross" carefully made sure the two adjusting knobs were against the push pin. Very carefully tightened the azi bolts. But same result . Anybody has a little trick to offer 🙂

btw I am Nils and am situated in Odoorn, which is in the province Drenthe in  The Netherlands

I have a gem28 and get the same problem, solution I've used is just don't tighten them like much at all, finger tight, then a very minor turn with the Allen key. Imaging has never been affected by this with a 6-7Kg payload and using a 5kg counterweight.

Edited by Elp