Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

65m Asteroid at .02ld tomorrow

fallenmonk

Yes, Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned. A former colleague of mine is now a contract worker for NASA who develops and maintains the software applications for the Solar System Dynamic simulator and other NASA applications. He called me last night to inform me that NASA has there full focus and attention on this asteroid. All software applications support staff have been directed to devote their time specifically to running solutions on this Near Earth Object. They are running solutions with different inputs and the results are so close to direct impact that NASA has decided not to update the online simulator with these results..My telescope is not powerfull enough.If anybody here can keep a watch on it,it would be much appreciated or maybe take a picture ?

According to spaceweather.com it will be about 73,000km away...

I've seen a range of estimates between 28K and 50K miles so that tallies with 73K km at the further end of the scale.

I guess they don't know exactly how close it will come :lol:

It will make a nice big dent somewhere if their maths is out !

John

Archived