Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light APM107 - M33, The Triangulum Galaxy

Yawning Angel

I've been very kindly loaned an APM 107 / 700mm (thank you @Uplooker), so after transplanting the imaging train from my Skywatcher 80ED I was desperately on the lookout for a clear evening!

30/10 wasn't awful although the relative humidity was showing 95% and stars a bit 'twinkly', it was better than solid cloud! 

Setting the rig up in NINA was trouble free, once I got my head around the already installed Lakeside focuser (I've a Sesto Senso on the 80ED). Weirdly the heavier tube seemed much easier to balance on the CEM60 (guiding was a little better too)

M33 seemed a nice fit for the FOV (the scope has a x1 flattener). To have a usable dataset in the time I went for 15 x 120sec each LRG&B with asi1600mm @ -15degrees. 2hrs total, plus darks, flats & dark flats. Would have loved a run at the Ha regions, but perhaps another night. Processed in PixInsight an resampled 50%

M33.thumb.jpg.cb1889f315e3a7496f17f48d6ce91b83.jpg

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Stickey said:

Beautiful image,  well done

4 hours ago, mikemabel said:

Beautiful image

2 hours ago, Enigma_RL said:

This is beautiful 😮

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

Really nice

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments!