Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon 25/10/21

barkingsteve

Very Nice again Steve. Is the C9.25 New ? i wanted to try at 1.5 x times which is a optimal sampling rate for the equipment. But i cant get it to work just yet. So will have to wait.  Looks like your over sampled. Got some of my best shots being oversampled in the past. Yours are showing very good detail. Can see a little noise (Bottom shot) The one above is a lot better with less noise. You have got the detail out. Very cool.            

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Very Nice again Steve. Is the C9.25 New ? i wanted to try at 1.5 x times which is a optimal sampling rate for the equipment. But i cant get it to work just yet. So will have to wait.  Looks like your over sampled. Got some of my best shots being oversampled in the past. Yours are showing very good detail. Can see a little noise (Bottom shot) The one above is a lot better with less noise. You have got the detail out. Very cool.            

Hi Neil,

Thank you :)  The C925 is around 3-4 years old, it is the ota from an evo 925. The evo mount stopped working properly about a year ago :( i haven't collimated in a while and it is just a gnat's hair out, but...you know..... time collimating is time not imaging ;)  I keep meaning to use the 178mm at bin 2 with the 2.5x  barlow, that should be close to optimal sampling but yeah, results are still fine when you oversample a bit and conditions are ok or better.